New Year Competition
January 14th, 2018
We challenge anyone to start their new year with a new mindset, of overcoming obstacles mentally and physically in a fun, safe, and supportive ninja community.
Ninja ages 7+ are invited to celebrate the new year by stepping up to run in our first competition event of 2018.
Adult Division (18+)
Check in: 1 pm
Course walk through: 1:30 pm
First runner: 2 pm
Course reset time for each stage: 45 minutes
- Designed to challenge runners of any fitness level mentally and physically in a fun, safe, and supportive environment.
- Made up of level 1 obstacles challenging balance, and upper/lower body strength.
- Based off of a point system, allowing runner to try every obstacle without using their re-try.
- Designed to push competitors mental and physical adaptability while still having fun in the ninja community.
- Made up of level 1 and 2 obstacles challenging agility, body awareness, and full body adaptability.
- Based off of furthest the fastest with one re-try.
- Designed to test mental determination, and physical endurance.
- Made up of level 1, 2, and 3 obstacles challenging majority upper body strength and endurance.
- Based off of furthest the fastest with one re-try.
- Our final stage combines strategy, endurance, technique, and mental drive for the ultimate challenge for the win.
- Made up of a 75 ft rope climb with a time limit of 30 seconds.
- Based off of furthest the fastest.
Youth Division (7-17)
Check in: 8 am
Course walk through: 8:30 am
First runner: 9 am
Check in: 9:30 am
Course walk through: 10 am
First runner: 10:30 am
Check in: 11 am
Course walk through: 11:30 am
First runner: 12 pm
1 stage for all:
- Youth divisions will consist of 1 stage each.
- Competitors are welcome and encouraged to register for 50% off to another age group, but will not be eligible for prizes outside of their age group.
*Every competitior registration includes 2 free all day spectators*
Youth (7-17) Extra Early Bird: $40
Adult (18+) Extra Early Bird: $50
*Pricing available through November*
Extra Early Bird Registration includes an exclusive competitor t-shirt and gift bag!
All Day $15
All Youth $10
Adult only $10
Each age group $5
Awards and Prizes
Adult prizes will be determined by number of competitor sign-ups.
- 1st place:
- 10-19 = $300
- 20-29 = $600
- 30+ = $1,000
- 2nd place:
- 3rd place:
- 1st place (in each age group): $100 gift card
- 2nd place: $50 gift card
- 3rd place: $25 gift card
- Adult competitor registration includes a day pass the day before competition. (October 13th) Youth division competitors level 3 and up are allowed open gym as well. Youth competitors ages 7-14 must be approved by management, go through an official introduction by a Ninja Park staff, and be supervised by a legal guardian to have access to open gym.
- On October 14th, competitors are not allowed on any obstacles included in the main obstacle room of the gym, but will be allowed to warm up on the beginner side and weight room.
- Any athlete found on obstacles in the main obstacle room on the day of competition will forfeit eligibility for prizes, and can be disqualified altogether.
- Time slots will be randomly determined upon check in, and cannot be guaranteed.
- Time slots will be on an estimated schedule, but are not guaranteed.
- Competitor registration includes 2 all day spectator bands. Any additional spectators must be paid before entry, regardless of relation to competitor.
- Each competitor will be allowed 1 videographer during their run. Chalk will be provided in chalk zones throughout the course to be used at any time. Competitors will not be allowed to carry their own chalk, or have someone carry chalk for them during the course.
- 1 primary judge and 2 secondary judges will be provided for every competitor.
- All three judges will be permitted to make judgment calls.
- Anyone protesting a judgment must wait until after the competitor has run.
- To pass an obstacle, competitors 1st foot must be on or past the finish line with their momentum moving forward.
- If competitor's foot is on or past the line, but they fall back behind the line it will be considered a fail.
- All youth division courses will be based off a point system, meaning each obstacle can be attempted 1 time without using the re-try. Upon failing an obstacle, the competitor can decide whether to move on and take the fail, or use their re-try to gain a point.
- Stage 1 adults only: During an obstacle, if any part of the competitor touches out of bounds, pass or fail will be based off momentum and trajectory afterwards. If the touch changes the trajectory of the competitor and visibly assists them in avoiding failure, it will be considered a fail. If the touch causes no visible change in trajectory or momentum, it will be considered a pass. Upon request, footage can be replayed to check authenticity after the competitor has finished their run.
- Stage 1 adults only: Will be based off a point system, meaning each obstacle can be attempted 1 time without using the re-try. Upon failing an obstacle, the competitor can decide whether to move on and take the fail, or use their re-try to gain a point. No half points or percentages will be awarded, only full point or no point.
- Stage 2 & 3 adults: During an obstacle, if any part of the competitor touches out of bounds it will be considered a fail. Anything out of bounds will be treated as “water,” so touch the water and it is considered a fail.
- Stage 2 & 3 adults: will be based off a furthest the fastest system. One re-try is still awarded per course. After failing an obstacle, competitor can either use their re-try, or end their run. If competitor fails on their re-try, fun is over. If competitor passes the obstacle they re-tried, the next fail will end the run.
- Stage 2 & 3 adults: Time will be lapped after every obstacle completed. If competitor fails on an obstacle, time will reflect when the last obstacle was completed.
- One re-try can be used for the entire course. Once the competitor has decided to move on to the next obstacle in the course without using their re-try, they cannot go back to obstacles failed even if they still have their re-try.
- There will be a strict time limit for each course regardless of where competitor is when time runs out. Score will reflect last obstacle completed.
- Ages 7-9: Time limit 5 minutes
- Ages 10-13: Time limit 6 minutes
- Ages 14-17: Time limit 7 minutes
- Stage 1: Time limit 5 minutes
- Stage 2: Time limit 4 minutes
- Stage 3: No time limit
- Stage 4: 30 seconds
- Time will be stopped only in the case of a medical emergency. Competitor will have a time limit of 2 minutes to decide to continue. Bandages and tape will be provided in the case of an open wound. In the case of a serious or life-threatening injury obviously hindering the competitor from continuing safely, primary judge reserves the right to end the run to prevent further damage. In this case, all calls are final.
- Competitors outside of the designated age group will be allowed register and run the stage 1 course, but are not eligible for prizes outside of their age group.
- Top 15 will advance to stage 2 including everyone who completes the course. If more than 15 complete, everyone will advance. If less than 15 complete, top 15 including those who completed, and those who went the furthest the fastest move on.
- Top 5 will advance to stage 3 including everyone who completes the course. If more than 5 complete, everyone will advance. If less than 5 complete, top 5 including those who completed, and those who went the furthest the fastest move on.
- Only those who complete stage 3 are eligible to move on to the stage 4, 75 foot rope climb. Place rankings will be based off furthest in the time allotted.
- Wild cards may be granted by gym ownership, but are not guaranteed.
- Ninja Park Owners are not eligible for prizes.
- Ninja Park employees will be eligible for prizes.
- If an owner of Ninja Park places in the top 3, prizes for that place will not be handed down to the next competitor.